This website is an online exhibit featuring the story of the 1912 campus fire that struck Maryland Agricultural College, institutional precursor to the University of Maryland, College Park. All images, publication material, oral histories, and primary source material used in the creation of this website are housed within collections in the University Archives, University of Maryland Libraries, in College Park, MD. Student Assistant Kirsten Strigel selected materials and designed the original website during 2006-2007. In the production of this exhibit, Strigel consulted with and would like to thank University Archivist Anne Turkos, Assistant University Archivist Elizabeth McAllister, and Curator of Historical Manuscripts Jennie Levine. Student Assitant Rebecca Hopman added additional content to the site in 2012 in honor of the 100th anniversary of the fire. Student Assistant Anne Hendrick redesigned the website in 2017.